Meet the Artist
Danny Laffey is an abstract artist living and working in Raleigh, NC. He is a 2001 graduate of the University of Scranton, earning a Bachelor of Art in Communication.
His work is part of both private and public collections throughout the United States. Danny has exhibited his work in group and solo exhibitions in cities such as Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Raleigh, Baltimore and his hometown of Scranton, PA.
Very early on in my painting career, I became interested in color, and color alone. This interest in color and the emotive power of color has inspired much of what I have done. The paintings are void of any figurative references. My goal is to draw the viewer to the color itself. I want the contrast, movement and placement of the colors to be the overall experience of the painting, with each painting taking on a unique feel and mood.
- Raw artists Philadelphia 2014
- Mainline Art Gala , Spring, 2015 – Philadelphia
- InLiquid art benefit- Philadelphia 2015
- Bluestone Fine Art Gallery solo exhibition ” Scenes From My Window” January 2015
- Notre Dame Academy – Villanova University annual art show, 2016, selected works.
- First Friday Invitational Art Exhibit, Scranton, PA
- Litmus Gallery and Studios, Raleigh, NC. February 2016. Featured artist group show
- Mainline Art Gala, Spring, 2016- Philadelphia, PA
- D&H Contemporary Group Exhibit, March, 2017- Hollywood, CA
- D&H Contemporary- “Currents” . June 2017- Los Angeles, CA
- Greystone at Widewaters Apartments, Raleigh, NC- Solo exhibit. Selected works. October-December, 2016
- Revolving exhibit of selected works- Loyola Sciences Building University of Scranton, PA
- Permanent exhibit, selected works- Riverside High School, Taylor, PA
- Litmus Gallery- “Intersections” Group Show. July, 2018, Raleigh, NC
- Hagersmith Design, Raleigh, NC- Solo Show, July-August, 2018